Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I bought some phlox the creeping kind - how do you plant it?

It came in a 12 x 12 chunk, kind of like sod and it was growing in sand and manure. I tried to cut it into 8ths or make plugs out of it and it wasn't cooperating. Was I supposed to plant the 12 x 12 chunk all by itself? I thought with plugs, it would spread but there must be some trick to it.

I bought some phlox the creeping kind - how do you plant it?
Yes. they are beautiful.





You can plant "plugs" of it.


I've done that. I didn't dig real


deep holes, though.


I planted them in shallow holes..


bout 2-1/2 deep.





I didn't "cut" it into plugs.


I "separated" it as to not cut the


roots.





Good luck.
Reply:Wet it good, %26amp; pull pieces away..Plant them a few inches apart..It needs full sun to really go to town.

shoe buckles

No comments:

Post a Comment