Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Getting Ready for Winter- Pond questions and Perennials?

I am trying to get my backyard ready for winter and I was wondering about my perennials and what to do with them. I have a couple of hostas that need to be split and I was wondering if I could trim them down (then replant now) or is that going to damage their growth for next spring? Another perennial I have is some type of phlox that I am not sure what to do with....





Also,I have a plastic pond with Cattails and I was wondering if i have to do anything special with them to have them come back next year. Any help would be great !

Getting Ready for Winter- Pond questions and Perennials?
you can trim back your hostas to the ground now, but do not dig up and split now. in spring, before they get too large, dig them up and divide and replant them then. you can also trim your phlox to the ground now. some people prefer to leave there perennials as is for the winter. i like to cut almost everything back for a more kempt look.


sorry, i don't know about your pond question...


No comments:

Post a Comment